Well, I haven’t been updating like I should. I haven’t even been paying attention to my goals like I should. So…here we go!
1. Spend 10 minutes a day reading the Bible and in prayer. I realize this is very minimal, but for me it’s a vast improvement. I’m doing better with this the last few days.
1. Commit to being gluten-free, allowing for one exemption per week (this could be as small as a cracker or bigger like a hamburger bun). I started a new diet in April which is mainly protein. So this goal is no longer accurate of what I’m striving for. New goal #1: Stay on diet. Period.
2. Workout 4 times per week. I’ve been doing pretty well, but in December it just didn’t happen. I was doing pretty well, then I sprained my foot. I’m walking almost normal again and planning to add the workouts back in.
3. Get to bed by 10:30 and wake up at 6:30. Every day. With very minimal exception. I’m doing well with the wake-up part, it’s that 10:30 bedtime I am struggling with still.
4. Read 3 books per month. Ummm…definitely making this goal. I think I read 3 in May, 4 in April?
1. Save $300/month. I no longer have health insurance so I need to be careful to save for emergencies. Set up automatic transfers equalling $300 a month. Had to take out for health expenses and my taxes. But the transfers are still happening.
2. Pay for my trip to Arizona with money I’ve specifically saved for that purpose (trip is in early summer). Done! Ticket is bought and money for the baggage fee set aside.
1. Complete one creative project per month. This may be something work-related (such as home-made learning tools/toys) or something that’s gift-able. I’ve been completely many projects, just not the ones I’d planned on.
2. Spend 1 hour per month playing piano just for fun. This hasn’t happened since January.
1. Set up and stick to a regular cleaning schedule. Not yet. First, I’m de-cluttering. I’ve made progress in de-cluttering this month.
2. Evaluate all the clothing I own and purge my closets. The specific goal is to have all my clothes fit in my dresser and bedroom closet (currently I use a hall closet too). Began working on this in Feb! I got rid of 2 more boxes worth of clothes in April.
I have a few goals in this area, but none that are worthy of making this post. Overall, my goal is to spend time with each child individually throughout the week. I tend to focus a lot on the toddler and hardly at all on the school-ager.
1. Spend time with Diasia (Little Sister) once a month. I spent time with Diasia in both April and May.
2. Send out 2 hand-written notes per month. Nope
3. Spend time with at least 3 people I have not previously spent time with (I’m thinking this will be people from my church). This could include going to lunch, grabbing coffee, or visiting the zoo or a park. I spent time with someone I hadn’t in a long time, but not someoine “new.”
4. Write to my 2 Compassion children once every two months. I’m not very good about keeping in contact with them at all. I need to do this NOW!
1. Write on this blog at least once a week. Hmmm..not so much. I got distracted by actual life. And perhaps a show I was watching via Netflix.
2. Update my 2012 goals once per month. Yeah, it’s been about 4 months.
3. Update my Reading through 2012 page once a month. I gave up on this and am putting them all on my Pinterest board “Books I’ve Read in 2012″
4. Submit 2 articles for CincyNanny blog per month. This blog has kinda stopped
Whew! I’ve got some work to do, don’t I?