I did okay with my 2011 goals at first, but fell off the bandwagon near the end there. And I didn’t do so good of holding myself accountable by posting updates either. I truly hope to update once a month this year with how I’m doing. Okay, without further ado, here are my goals for 2012:
1. Spend 10 minutes a day reading the Bible and in prayer. I realize this is very minimal, but for me it’s a vast improvement.
1. Commit to being gluten-free, allowing for one exemption per week (this could be as small as a cracker or bigger like a hamburger bun).
2. Workout 4 times per week. I’ve been doing pretty well, but in December it just didn’t happen.
3. Get to bed by 10:30 and wake up at 6:30. Every day. With very minimal exception.
4. Read 3 books per month.
1. Save $300/month. I no longer have health insurance so I need to be careful to save for emergencies.
2. Pay for my trip to Arizona with money I’ve specifically saved for that purpose (trip is in early summer).
1. Complete one creative project per month. This may be something work-related (such as home-made learning tools/toys) or something that’s gift-able.
2. Spend 1 hour per month playing piano just for fun.
1. Set up and stick to a regular cleaning schedule.
2. Evaluate all the clothing I own and purge my closets. The specific goal is to have all my clothes fit in my dresser and bedroom closet (currently I use a hall closet too).
I have a few goals in this area, but none that are worthy of making this post. Overall, my goal is to spend time with each child individually throughout the week. I tend to focus a lot on the toddler and hardly at all on the school-ager.
1. Spend time with Diasia (Little Sister) once a month.
2. Send out 2 hand-written notes per month.
3. Spend time with at least 3 people I have not previously spent time with (I’m thinking this will be people from my church). This could include going to lunch, grabbing coffee, or visiting the zoo or a park.
4. Write to my 2 Compassion children once every two months. I’m not very good about keeping in contact with them at all.
1. Write on this blog at least once a week.
2. Update my 2012 goals once per month.
3. Update my Reading through 2012 page once a month.
4. Submit 2 articles for CincyNanny blog per month.
That is what I’m striving for this year. I try to make my goals realistic and achievable. So here goes nothing!